Ok, so I know I don’t write on this blog much at all anymore, I felt it had become a litany of all which was wrong with my life in past years & had abandoned it as a bad idea because it wasn’t really going anywhere. I’m going to try to start writing here again in the next few months and I thought a 2012 year in review would be as good a place as any to start.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Spent time in the Hospital & was very sick & weak.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had no resolutions in 2012, I was barely conscious at the beginning of the year.
My only resolutions are about trying to get healthier & maybe blogging a little more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, still not a grannie at 44.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No deaths to report this year either.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t even leave the state of VA in 2012.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Money and a vehicle which works well.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 15 2012 is the day my job @ Dish ended. I haven’t missed it in the least since I’ve been gone although I do wish I could have continued at that rate of pay.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’m excited that I found a new job in less than a week, but I know that was more about coincidence & being in the right place at the right time than any skill or achievement on my part.
I am happy that I haven’t ended up back in the hospital or seriously ill again though.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I found out in July that I’m borderline Diabetic now & I’ve done poorly at controlling that by my own estimation.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
I found out at the last minute that my medical bills could be claimed on my taxes & so got an unexpectedly large tax refund in early April & I replaced both my kitchen stove & washing machine, both of which have been absolutely awesome to have & use this year!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don’t really know. Lois & Av have been somewhat helpful but it’s not often done with good cheer on Lois’ part. Cam & I go back & forth between loving & hating one another, he being 13 now has changed a lot of things, including him going to rage more often & being a lot lazier & less willing to be helpful around the house or even pick up after himself.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
The perpetrator of the Newtown CT school shootings, IDK his name & refuse to learn it.
13. What song will always remind you of 2012
Funny how the songs which occur to me aren’t songs from the actual year. This year would probably be “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald or If You Could Read My Mind” both sung by Gordon Lightfoot. IDK why but I’ve been obsessed with both songs for months.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saved money while I was making nearly $20. per hour.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Felt physically ill, weak & exhausted.
16. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Har de har har.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
I think I stopped blogging regularly right around the time I became obsessed with Sons of Anarchy but that one has to win hands down for what would be (If I’d been keeping up with the blog) the 4th year straight.
18. What was the best book you read?
Ananzi Boys by Neil Gaiman.
I went on a serious Gaiman kick this year & this is the book (albeit on CD initially) that started me on that kick.
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
If when they finally fired me @ Dish I hadn’t been so completely overwhelmed that it was actually happening after 11 years & 3 months, and I had been able to yell something obnoxious on my way out of the building or say something about my boss’ hypocrisy.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012
1. it fits
2. Warm when it’s cold
3. Cool when it’s hot
21. What kept you sane?
my smart phone, isn’t that sad?
22. Who did you miss?
Both my 16 year old who lives with her dad out of state & my grandmother, deceased 6 years now.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
I did Jury duty the week after I was fired & I met quite a few very nice people there, the new job hasn’t exactly yielded any new friends as I was fairly well acquainted with the people who worked there already as I’ve been seeing this same doctor for 12 or 13 years.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2012
The Only constant is change, embrace it and go with the flow, it’s much easier than railing & fighting against it. When the universe says change, just go with it.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
What a tale my thoughts would tell.
Picture 1 Cameron, my 13 year old on Christmas eve.
Picture 2 Lois & her boyfriend Av on Christmas day