1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Went to Massachusetts & stayed in a hotel instead of with Family. Although of course, I had Cam, Lois & Av with me in the hotel.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made a sort-of resolution to start wearing earrings daily again. While working at Dish, with a headset on my head all the time I was there, earrings were painful, I spend a lot of my free time making beaded earrings & it occurred to me that I ought to wear them since I don’t have to wear a headset daily.
This year, I’m planning to try to start wearing mascara daily again. My eyelashes are so light that my eyes disappear into my face with out mascara & I’d like to not look so washed out all the time.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, still not a grandmother at 46 & that’s quite all right with me!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
No other countries, just Massachusetts for 4 days in July
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Again, more money
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing specific, obviously going to Massachusetts for a few days with the kids was awesome, all the holidays & multiple weekends visiting Lois & Av or having them over to our house were great. Labor Day weekend we put up the huge bookshelves that were my mothers & the main reason we took the trip to Mass. in the first place.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Work is getting smoother, we haven’t had a single week where we had to wait to cash our paychecks until there was money in the bank!
There is also the fact that I refinanced my house, decreased my mortgage payment by over $130. per month.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m not sure that there is anything specific, I did lose some weight, but I would have liked to lose more, we’re doing ok at work financially (which is the main focus of my job) but I would still have liked for us to do better.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Nothing specific, I still have my house. So that’s good
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
For the first semester of his Sophomore year at school, Cameron got all A’s & B’s in 2 out of 3 marking periods!
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
13. What song will always remind you of 2014
Demons by Imagine Dragons.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gotten my Earrings out there in the public to be seen/purchased
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. Did you fall in love in 2014?
17. What was your favorite TV program?
Sons of Anarchy, or maybe the new Outlander series on Starz.
18. What was the best book you read?
Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon (Part of the Outlander series)
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014
Warm when it’s cold. Cool when it’s hot.
21. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane?
22. Who did you miss?
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Other than patients at work, I haven’t really met or gotten to know anyone really.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2014
I think I knew this one before, but I’ve had to put it into practice more this year than in past years. You can’t always tell what people are going through in their own lives which causes them to act-react the way they do & so you have to sometimes cut them some slack even when they’re rude, unprofessional or mean for no obvious reason.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Don’t mean to let you down, but I am Hell-Bound.