1. All that driving, even splitting the ride home up between 2 days it was a lot of driving! (all told in 10 days I drove 2,170 miles!
2. All that cigarette smoke at my mother’s apartment, she doesn’t have any sort of cross breeze & the apartment doesn’t get much wind at all in the 2 windows she has so it’s not particularly fresh in there.
3. It’s just nice to be home.
4. The kids were ready for 200+ channels of satellite & DVR after 16 channels of OTA at my mother’s for all but 2 days of the trip.
5. I discovered that as slow as my internet speed is with Satellite internet, it still is (much) better than dial up!
6. While we’re much hotter here in VA & we do have thundershowers nearly every afternoon I was pretty sick (after only 8 days) of all the rain up there in Massachusetts.
7. Gas prices are outrageous in the northeast, ’nuff said.
8. My mother’s sofa bed has seen better days, I was much more comfortable on Ann’s loveseat than I was on my mother’s fold out bed (I might have been more comfortable on my mother’s sofa if I hadn’t folded it out- but the kids insisted on swapping off on sleeping on the sofa bed with me with the other one on the floor each night so I had to fold it out)
9. The garden is terribly overgrown, of course, I haven’t gotten out there to do any weeding quite yet!
10. Ms 19 was happy to see us & we were happy to see here (absence makes the heart grow fonder indeed)
11. I hadn’t brought the book I was reading with me because it was borrowed & I was glad to be able to jump back in to the series when I got home (still working my way through the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris)
12. Although my intention is to be there for longer next year, this year, 8 days in Mass was more than enough.
13. I missed being at home, the homeownership thing is growing on me, it feels odd to not be at home to me now- at least, at the end of the day it does!