But never got around to doing so.
1. Nearly 2 weeks ago I spent the better part of an hour driving around the town I work in looking for a UPS drop box to put a bag with a bra in (it had a UPS return mail sticker on it) I called UPS twice & was told three different options for drop boxes, I had ms 13 & mr 10 with me & we couldn’t find any of the drop boxes.
2. Last Friday I got sent home from work 3 & 1/2 hours early (they closed our center down that early on 2 Friday nights in a row, they’re talking about doing so every other Friday until further notice) Since I was out early I used my computer to look on the UPS website & was easily able to locate a UPS drop box myself, when I went to put the package in the box, I realized we’d driven by this box at least 5 times the night we were looking for it the week before, there was a tree on the sidewalk with ridiculously overgrown branches which hid the box from sight.
3. The being sent home early thing is a huge concern. They’re also closing another call center not that far from ours. Big worries for me as I fully expect & need to work there at least another 30 years ’til I’m 70 & can retire as gracefully as possible, I’m thinking right now that I need to step up my alternate plan of buying mega millions tickets for ever drawing.
4. Also at work, they’ve done another shift shuffle, just got the word tonight that I got my first choice in a shift, working to close (not because I really want to- the thrill wore off right after school began for my kids in August, but because ms 19 hasn’t gone to get her licence & hasn’t done a thing about getting her car on the road, because she needs me to drive her back & forth to work I have to work nights) I got Friday & Saturday nights off though, which I prefer to Saturday Sunday as I’ve been working for the past 5 months or so.
5. Only 2 of my current co-workers are going to the same group I am, one I like & one I could do without, however, on a brighter note, my fairly new supervisor is going to continue to be my supervisor & I like her quite well.
6. One of the drawbacks to working nights is that since the kids are at school all day (they get home an hour before I leave for work) I have little to no motivation to get up & do much of anything, the computer, tv shows I care about, reading, none of it trumps sleeping right now.
7. The house is staying clean though, I’m doing a bit every day & the kids are making extra effort to keep the shared areas clean as I get upset when they’re not.
8. Mr 10’s room has been a big issue just lately & for all my threats, days where I took the smart card out of his satellite receiver & took it to work with me as punishment, I found the best thing to do. Last Saturday morning I was washing up breakfast dishes & I asked him to take a trash bag in his room & get started & told him I’d be in when I was through with the dishes & started a wash. His eyes got huge & he said “uh, no mom, I don’t want you to yell at me, I’ll just clean it myself” And he did! By Sunday night he had the room nearly immaculate, even under the bed!
9. In other news, our dryer completely stopped working, it hasn’t gotten hot in months but I was still tumbling some clothes dry in it (the ones which don’t do well on the outside clothes line – like socks, underwear & jeans) now it sits there & hums, doesn’t tumble at all. I have to find a way to get $50 or so together at once to have the local appliance repair guy come see if it’s recoverable or what.
10. On top of that, my oven’s heating element is burning out, to cook something which needs to cook at 350 for 30 minutes I have to set the oven to the highest setting (475) & cook for 45-60 minutes. Not fun.
11. One contributing factor to my never blogging any more is that the computer is so messed up that just going visiting other people’s blogs or checking email is a huge chore. the computer is very slow & sluggish, it’s not saving things correctly & the kids are actually pressuring me to go back to our circa 1994 model & to scrap this 2003 model I got for free from work. I don’t quite know what to do to tell the truth.
12. I admit to an odd lack of interest in the internet just in the past 7-8 months too. I’m not sure why but it just doesn’t have the pull it used to.
13. Ms 13 is going to Washington DC for an overnight trip with her 7th grade class, it sounds like a huge inconvenient mess to me but she really wanted to go. They leave at 5:30 AM on next Monday morning, (it’s approximately a 3 & 1/2 hour drive from where we live) run around seeing sights all day Monday & Monday night, sleep in a motel Monday to Tuesday, see more sights all day Tuesday & are expected back here at the school at 10pm Tuesday night, I would not be a chaperone or teacher on that trip for love nor money.!