We share desks at my work, Morning shift gets the left side of the desk, the evening shift gets the right, in a couple of days my shift will be changing & I may not share with such a gracious person any longer (I’ve had & have seen nightmare scenarios before- some so bad I went to mid-shifts to avoid sharing a desk) So here is “our” desktop.
1. Page a day desk calendar, with rock star quotes, I could have been a bit more thoughtful about this calendar before choosing it this year, it’s no holds barred & I’ve got to read Johnny Rotten saying “fucking” which isn’t exactly corporate approved.
2. Hand Cream “age defying” because my hands are old
3. Picture of the kids, I used to have a cube for each kid but they’ve gotten pickier about that sort of thing the last year or so & so I took them home.
4. 2009 pricing for basic programming packages, some years they make these up for us, this year I wrote my own.
5. my quality, attendance & productivity awards from years past, the last one was received in late 2008, I have tanked at work since 2009 began, I’m not sure why exactly.
6. 9 of the person I share the desk with’s pictures
7. 6 examples of her art
8. Her Chinese relaxation chime balls
9. Skull beads. Jade Colored Dragon Sculpture.
10. Teddy in a mardi gras shot glass with rubber hair (I do not understand this one, I admit)
11 Snake eating a plastic mouse, an orange stuffed monkey hanging by his hands
12. Phone which requires a headset, which thankfully, I don’t have to use
13. Computer where all my work is centered.