1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Drove a 14 foot truck 800+ miles with no one else to take a turn driving.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved, last year, to try to improve my attendance at work, which I did, I am currently not on any write ups for leaving early or calling in at all. I’ve been warned that if I stay out again I’ll be on one, but right this minute my schedule is clean.
Nothing more than trying not to stress too much over anything for this year though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, thank goodness, made it to 39 & I’m not a grandma yet.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
The country of financial solvency – for a couple of months I felt like I was on top of things pretty well- up to July when I missed a week of work due to 11 being in the hospital.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Time, Money, Love.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July when 11 was hospitalized with the lymph node enlargement.
Our June Vacation, since it was probably the last one which will be the whole family (17 expects to be moved out by early next summer & will not be participating in family vacation this year)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I at least got 17 to get her learners permit & to take 2 lessons in driving a straight drive or standard transmission car. (something I believe everyone should know how to do & which she insisted she wouldn’t do)
9. What was your biggest failure?
To have more time & save more money.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
The vacation to MA was tons of fun this year.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All the kids have been really good this year truly, pitching in when I needed help with house cleaning etc.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Our President, Cheney & many others to the East of me in D.C.
13. What song will always remind you of 2007
Life is beautiful by Sixx Am.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleeping of course! – No really, more time reading or with the kids.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working- 4 mandatory hours of overtime every week is something to ask of employees for a month or so- not 4 or 5 months in a row folks.
16. Did you fall in love in 2007
Had an ill fated crush, maybe.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
18. What was the best book you read?
Either the Thirteenth Tale by Diana Setterfield or Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
**Snort** – remember that ill fated crush?
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007
Warm or cool at the right time. Pretty much all that matters at this stage in my life.
21. What kept you sane?
Entertaining conversation with friends & co-workers.
22. Who did you miss?
My Grandmother’s presence, at least by phone, always there until now.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Another year where it was more getting to know someone who’d been around for a few years on the periphery.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007
Even big corporations make mistakes, getting them to admit it & change the mistake can take awhile though.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Love is a stranger in an overcoat, that tempts you in & drives you far away.